« Home | Why Did God Leave Me With No Discernable Skills? » | Signs of the Apocalypse: #3 » | Mmmm, tastey donuts... » | Whole Wheat Bread and the Muppets video » | From Dusk Till Dawn: Salma Hayek » | Salma Hayek Bra Clip » | Signs of the Apocalypse: #2 » | Signs of the Apocalypse: #1 » | The Best Video Ever? » | BUMRUSH Girl-o-the-Month: Jennifer Connelly » 

Monday, March 05, 2007 

Transformers Update

I've had this draft sitting on Google's servers for like three months so I'd thought I'd just throw it out there because at least the info is still relevant. First, the Transformers trailer is up on the Yahoo! (I'm so excited!) Movies site. I don't have an HD television (donations are always welcome) so for now, nothing beats watching a movie trailer in 1080p on my 19 inch computer monitor. I could watch the Wild Hogs trailer in 1080p and it would pump me up like I'm jacked on crystal meth.

Things aren't all peaches and cream, though. Greg, of Yahoo! Movies fame, had this to say about the trailer (and I'd recommend checking out that site for more good Transformers info).

Greg's Preview

The biggest blow wasn't the hiring of Michael Bay as director (although that is a huge factor), but the screenwriting decision to center this movie around a big ensemble cast of human characters. If the word "ensemble" is going to be used in a 'Transformers' movie, it should be referring to the robots, of which there are dozens of established characters, and not to humans, as they are pretty rare in 'Transformers' lore (I can think of Spike, and the ones that were in the 'Transformers' movie; I'm sure there are others of course). This trailer tries to introduce us to all these human characters, and I'm just wondering... who cares? If humans make up more than 10% of the screen time in a movie about armies of giant robots, that's already 9% too much. :)

Labels: ,

Fricken Voltron
Much like a shape-changing giant mecha robot, our powers are indeed mighty when combined


About The Men

  • "Getting in shape for this role, which is incredibly demanding, vocally, has been a lot of hard work, but I'm nailing it. I'm even kind of, at times, blowing my own mind, because I am even able to talk right now."
    -David Hasselhoff
  • "In December, I am going to Vietnam with my favorite charity, Wheels for Humanity."
    -David Hasselhoff
  • See us Nude! Biggs, or Maximus, or the Pimp Daddy



thebumrush.


(Subscribe) Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates