« Home | When Words Can't Explain » | Your Bill Bixby Clip of the Day: Interview with Lo... » | Vaya Con Dios Patrick Swayze » | Your Bill Bixby Clip of the Day: The Magician Musi... » | Guess the Celebrity » | Free Transformers Stuff » | Goodbye to David Carradine » | Your Bill Bixby Clip of the Day: Outakes » | How Not to Give Someone a Complement about their S... » | All Your Stalls Are Belong to Us: The Toilet Paper... » 

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 

Kathryn Bigelow Makes Me Think of Inappropriate Things

Congratulations to Director Kathryn Bigelow for taking home a best director Oscar this weekend for her movie, The Hurt Locker. She is apparently the first woman to take home the best director award ever, which I have heard about approximately a thousand times in the past couple of days. It also means if you had “Best Director” over “President of the United States” in the “which will a woman do first pool”, you can now claim your prize.



I actually saw The Hurt Locker just the other day in my marathon-like preparation for the Oscar awards ceremony. It was a very good movie, certainly kept me on the edge of my seat for at least the first half of it, but at no time during my viewing did I think that it was best picture material. I mean, as much as people like to bash on Avatar (and it did have its problems for sure), twenty years from now which movie are people going to remember?

Yeah, I thought so. I believe the Hurt Locker will eventually end up in the A Beautiful Mind or American Beauty category of pictures that do not age well at all. Especially when you read about what actual Iraq War veterans think about the movie.

Over course, the real question on my mind through all of this is: what did ex-husband James Cameron think about Bigelow’s big win?

Labels: , , ,

Fricken Voltron
Much like a shape-changing giant mecha robot, our powers are indeed mighty when combined


About The Men

  • "Getting in shape for this role, which is incredibly demanding, vocally, has been a lot of hard work, but I'm nailing it. I'm even kind of, at times, blowing my own mind, because I am even able to talk right now."
    -David Hasselhoff
  • "In December, I am going to Vietnam with my favorite charity, Wheels for Humanity."
    -David Hasselhoff
  • See us Nude! Biggs, or Maximus, or the Pimp Daddy



thebumrush.


(Subscribe) Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates